We at Temple Street Children’s University Hospital respect your privacy and comply with our obligations under the
- The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Implementation Date 25.05.18
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. It can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We retain two types of information from visitors to our website:
1) Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and birth date. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, through our ‘Contact Us’ email facility or by completing one of our online forms.
2) Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
- PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
- Non-Personal Data:
- We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies – a Cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for Cookies.
Each website can send its own Cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the Cookies it has already sent to you, not the Cookies sent to you by other sites.
- Personal Data:
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
- To contact you if required in connection with your enquiry or to respond to any communications you might send to us
Any communications submitted online or by email will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those completed by hand in paper form. If any online application forms are included in our website, you will be notified of any additional specific data protection provisions at the time you complete the relevant application form.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information (personal or otherwise) to provide you with health services and information.
The data we collect is used in aggregate form (and therefore anonymously) to monitor the use of our website and to research our users’ behaviour, demographics and interests.
This allows us to gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the website and, therefore, improve our service to you and to the hospital. By using the demographic and interest reports, we are able to tailor sections of the website for the people who use it and in particular for the patients and their parents.
Any information (personal or otherwise) we collect is stored and processed in Ireland. Your information is not shared with third parties or used in any other way, other than described in this policy or as required by law, unless you agree.
We reserve the right to share your personal information if we are legally obliged to and to enable us to apply our terms and conditions and other agreements. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for fraud and credit risk reduction and for police investigations.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We use secure SSL networking for all personal data transmission to protect your information. Data is then stored within the websites database. Data is stored in an identifiable fashion which is a technical limitation of this type of technology, but we do use strict procedures and security features to prevent any unauthorised access.
In the near future we aim to change the storage of this data so that it is completely anonymised required secure keys for access.
- NON-DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Unless we have your consent, we will only disclose your personal data to third-parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. If personally identifying data about you may be shared with a partner company, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data so that you may opt out of this transfer if you wish.
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent, or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your consent.
Temple Street may however provide aggregate statistics about its supporters, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors and relevant affiliate partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
- THE ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. If you inform us, or we become aware, of any inaccuracies in the information it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date or which is no longer required.
- USERS 16 YEARS AND UNDER
If you are aged 16 or under, you MUST obtain your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- OTHER WEBSITES
We reserve the right to include content from sites including but not limited to Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- ACCESS RIGHTS
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information that Temple Street Children’s University Hospital holds about you, please email ei.hu1537809808c@ret1537809808sambe1537809808w1537809808
- PRIVACY QUERIES
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us at ei.hu1537809808c@ret1537809808sambe1537809808w1537809808
Thank you for visiting our website.
Last updated: 2nd May 2018