This section of the website is managed by the Communications Department in the hospital and largely comprises news and publications about what is going on in the hospital. In the news section you will see our latest press releases and announcements about developments in our services, conferences and public meetings we are hosting, progress on the new children’s hospital project and other news. We try to keep this section as fresh as possible so that you get a sense of what a lively place Temple Street is. This section also comprises copies of our latest Hospital Annual Reports and Pulse Magazines for easy downloading and reading and a wonderful array of pictures from the many events we run showing life in the hospital. Finally if you are a journalist, you can find contact details for the Communications Department within this section in case of a media query.
Social Media Moderation Guidelines
The following moderation guidelines relates to Children’s Health Ireland (CHI) at Temple Street official social media channels which can be found on @TempleStreetHos
CHI at Temple Street reserves the right to hide or delete any comments or content deemed inappropriate. In some cases, dependent on frequency, scale or content posted, we reserve the right to ‘ban’ or ‘block’ users from posting to our social media accounts.
Inappropriate comments or content may include:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Comments that use inappropriate language or hate speech (based on colour, race, nationality, ethic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation)
- Inappropriate language includes: swearing, graphic descriptions of death or illness
- Off-topic, redundant or repeated comments (this includes the promotion of activities not related to CHI at Temple Street)
- Personal or organisational attacks, threats or defamatory comments
- Naming individuals linked to legal or clinical enquiries
- Inappropriate or graphic imagery
- Comments or imagery that violates the privacy of our patients and their families or our staff
- Content, comments or imagery that violates copyright or that may be confidential
All opinions (outside official hospital posts) that are expressed on CHI at Temple Street’s social media accounts represent the thoughts of the individual commenters, and not those of the hospital.
Information posted on our social media accounts should not be considered medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified health professional. If you have questions about your health, please contact your GP.
All links to other websites found on our social media accounts are provided as a service to readers, but such linking does not constitute endorsement of those sites by CHI at Temple Street, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to CHI at Temple Street social media accounts (wall posts, comments, photos, links, etc.), you understand that this information is publicly available, and that CHI at Temple Street may use this information in internal and external publications and other communications. If you do not wish to have your information published, please do not post that information.