Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
Tel.: (01) 878 4266
A laboratory is a facility that provides special conditions in which research, experiments and measurements may be performed.In a hospital a medical or clinical laboratory is a laboratory where tests are done on clinical specimens in order to get information about the health of a patient in help in deciding on a diagnosis, treatment plan or the prevention of a disease.
Within our hospital we have a number of laboratories, our reception area is on the first floor which can be accessed by a lift or stairs near the Emergency Department.
If you are bringing a specimen to us please follow the instructions below
- Use the container given to your doctor or nurse
- Make sure all forms are filled in correctly and container is labelled.
- Make sure container lids are closed securely
- Bring in the sample within the time limits below
- Sputum and Urine – as soon as possible (refrigerate if delayed)
- Faeces / stools – within 2 hours