Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
HR578 Senior Medical Scientist
Epidemiology, Research & Development Section,
Irish Meningitis & Sepsis Reference Laboratory
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Be a member or eligible for membership of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Possess a fellowship or be eligible for fellowship of the ACSLM
- Have four years’ experience in a medical laboratory since qualifying as a Medical Scientist
- Have extensive experience in Clinical Microbiology laboratory, and be safety conscious with exceptional laboratory practice, rigorous organization and record-keeping skills.
- Have experience in Molecular Biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation/purification/quality control, PCR and DNA sequence analysis.
- Have knowledge of Q Pulse electronic quality management system.
- Be competent in iLAB LIS (result reporting)
- Knowledge of and experience with current technologies in clinical microbiology including MALDI & rapid diagnostic platforms.
- Knowledge of and experience with qPCR, with a good understanding of applications, limitations & pitfalls.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competence in COGNOS
Application can be made by submitting one copy of your Curriculum Vitae to ei.hu1544478841c@tne1544478841mtiur1544478841cer1544478841
Job Description: HR578 Senior Medical Scientist ERD IMSRL – Job description
Closing Date: Friday, 14th December 2018
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.