Quality & Standards
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
Tel.: (01) 878 4730
Temple Street, Children’s University Hospital (TSCUH) strives to provide a quality patient centered service to our patients and their parents/ carers, that is both safe and achieves outcomes that reflect both International and National Standards
Children’s safety and welfare are of paramount importance and Children’s University Hospital supports an ethos of care and respect for children’s rights. In the hospital we aim to provide a quality patient centered service to our patients, their parents/ carers and other service users that is safe and achieves good outcomes.
Quality is about getting things right first time and avoiding unnecessary repetition. It is about continuously improving the quality of care and services we provide.
In Temple street, Children’s University Hospital we participate in external Quality Assurance initiatives and programmes as required.
We work in close liaison with Clinical Director, Risk Management, Health and Safety & Hygiene Departments to achieve common goals under the hospital’s Quality, Safety and Risk Programme.
The Quality & Standards Department supports the Hospital’s Continuous Quality Improvement by:
- Overall management responsibility for the hospitals Decontamination standards and processes .
- Coordinating & Monitoring Hospital Service Plan to ensure hospitals annual Key Results Areas are achieved in a timely and sustainable way.
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the external quality assurance requirements of HIQA and HSE in conjunction with relevant staff, Managers and Department
- Promoting and supporting the hospitals Clinical Governance programme (patient safety programme)
- Promoting and supporting the development of the hospitals Clinical Audit programme
- Development, review and monitoring of continuous quality improvement plans (CQI) in line with National Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality Programme
- Development, review and approval of evidenced hospital policies and procedures in line with hospital policy
- The Administration of Quality Management Information System Q Pulse for hospital