CHI at Temple Street
Tel: (01) 878 4217
Fax: (01) 878 4628
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
(Closed for lunch between 1pm and 2pm)
While our primary function is to purchase medications and supply them to the wards, we also provide an information and advice service to healthcare professionals, patients, parents and carers. This type of service is called “Clinical Pharmacy”
- Assessment purchase, and distribution of Medications to the Hospital.
- Clinical Pharmacy Services – we are currently developing Clinical Pharmacy Service for the Intensive Care Unit and for Antimicrobial Pharmacy.
- Extemporaneous Compounding; if a medicine is not available commercially it is sometimes possible for us to make a suitable preparation.
- Medicines information for Doctors, Nurses, Parents and Patients upon request
- Dissemination of information related to the use of medications.
- Publication of the Hospital’s Medication Safety Document
- Participation in Staff Training