CHI at Temple Street
Tel.: (01) 878 4630
Web site: https://templestreethospitalschool.com
The Children’s Hospital School is an accredited school funded by the Department of Education and Skills.
The School, located on the Hospital premises, ensures that children unable to attend mainstream schooling as a result of illness don’t miss out on their education.
Classes are delivered in the Hospital School Classrooms and at the bedside on the wards.
What we offer
The Children’s Hospital School:
- offers an appropriate learning environment for children with medical needs during their stay in hospital.
- presents a full programme of carefully graded educational activities, in line with the School Curriculum.
- provides equal opportunities and access to the curriculum for all schoolgoing children and young people.
- helps to overcome the disruptions in the child’s educational development through regular attendance.
- assists in following coursework for Junior and Leaving Certificate programmes during the hospital stay and provides an exam centre for state examinations liaises with parents / guardians and children’s home schools.
- offers a strong commitment to multi-disciplinary collaboration with professionals to ensure that the development of the whole child is considered during a hospital admission.
- links with the community through regular creative art and music workshops and outings.
All Children and young people in hospital automatically have a right to education – referrals not required.
- Mary Chambers – School Principal
- Ciara Jenkins – Deputy School Principal
- Anne Dunne – Secondary School Teacher
- John White – Secondary School Teacher
- Clodagh Murphy – Primary School Teacher
- Louise Kelly – Primary School Teacher
- Ann Marie O’Beirne – School Secretary
- Michelle McNevin – Substitute Special Needs Assistant
- Sharon Doyle – Classroom Assistant
The Children’s Hospital School adheres to the national standardisation of the school year as directed by the Department of Education and Skills.
The Children’s Hospital School is a member of H.O.P.E ( Hospital Organisation of Pedagogues in Europe )