CHI at Temple Street
Tel.: (01) 878 4630
Web site: https://templestreethospitalschool.com
The Hospital School CHI at Temple Street is an accredited school funded by the Department of Education and Skills.
The Hospital School CHI at Temple Street, located on the Hospital premises, ensures that children unable to attend mainstream schooling as a result of illness don’t miss out on their education.
Classes are delivered in the Hospital School CHI at Temple Street Classrooms and at the bedside on the wards.
What we offer
The Hospital School CHI at Temple Street:
- offers an appropriate learning environment for children with medical needs during their stay in hospital.
- presents a full programme of carefully graded educational activities, in line with the School Curriculum.
- provides equal opportunities and access to the curriculum for all schoolgoing children and young people.
- helps to overcome the disruptions in the child’s educational development through regular attendance.
- assists in following coursework for Junior and Leaving Certificate programmes during the hospital stay and provides an exam centre for state examinations liaises with parents / guardians and children’s home schools.
- offers a strong commitment to multi-disciplinary collaboration with professionals to ensure that the development of the whole child is considered during a hospital admission.
- links with the community through regular creative art and music workshops and outings.