Blue Light for Temple Street
Would you like to learn more about our wonderful emergency services? Come and check them out at the ‘Blue Light for Temple Street’ event ON Temple Street on Sat 20th May 12md – 2pm
Temple Street Children’s Hospital is delighted to announce that the inaugural ‘Blue Light for Temple Street’ event led by our wonderful emergency services and in aid of the Temple Street Foundation which will take place on Saturday 20th May 2017 from 12md – 2pm ON Temple Street North.
Staff from An Gardai, the Defence Forces, Dublin Fire Brigade, the Ambulance Service and Civil Defence will be exhibiting their services on the day and the aim of the event is to attract families and children attending Temple Street, our staff, local residents and those passing by to the event to visit and learn more about these important services.
During this event you will be able to meet MOWAG (family of armoured vehicles designed by a Swiss company) soldiers and examine their guns, see a real life fire tender and examine command and control vehicles and armed support, dog and air support units. You can also learn about motorbikes and ambulances and response jeeps used by the Ambulance Service and command vehicles and drone equipment used by the Civil Defence.
Areas to Temple Street North to be coned off by Gardaí from use from night of Friday 19th May 2017
- The roadway on the left and right from the Casualty Lane as far as St Georges Church (front of hospital)
- All areas in front of George’s Church and across the road covering the crescent in front of the flat complex.
- The area and the right hand side of St George’s Church – From Corner of Temple Street to corner of George’s Hall to entrance to George’s Pocket Flats.
Two road closures will be place from 10am on Saturday 20th May.
- At the junction of Temple Street / Dorset Street and
- At Gardiner Row / Temple Street. Gardaí will utilise barriers and signage and will man the road closures at all times.
For further information please contact
Fergus Ashe • Allied Services Manager
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
Temple Street, Dublin 1
T: (01) 878 4507 | M: (087) 9807454
E: W: www.cuh.ie