Festina Lente Therapeutic Horse Riding Informational Morning 24th October 2014
On behalf of Festina Lente, we would like to invite you to attend an informational morning to learn about Therapeutic Horse Riding and how it can benefit you, your clients and their families. This event will be taking place in Festina Lente, Old Connaught Ave, Bray, Co Wicklow.
The morning will run from 10am- 1pm on 24th October and will include the following:
- Presentation on the benefits of Therapeutic Riding and the link to O.T., S.L.T. and P.T. therapeutic interventions.
- Parent’s Perspective: Parents of children with disabilities who receive Therapeutic Riding Sessions in Festina Lente share their experience.
- Case Study: Demonstration of a Therapeutic Riding Session.
- Questions & Answer session with Occupational Therapist and our head Therapeutic Riding Coach Rachel Ardagh.
- Refreshments provided during the break.
- Tour of our facilities and specially designed therapeutic riding trails will also be on offer after our informational morning for any interested parties.
Therapeutic horse riding is a multi-area intervention therapy which is used for children and adults with a variety of physical, cognitive, emotional and developmental disabilities. Therapeutic Riding is a worldwide recognized therapy to improve physical, emotional, social, cognitive, behavioural and educational skills as well as being a healthy and fun activity.
Who can benefit from Therapeutic Riding?
Some of the many Diagnoses that can benefit from Therapeutic Riding include but are not limited to:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Auditory & Visual Impairment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Developmental Delay
- Down Syndrome
- Fine and Gross Motor Skill Delays
- Language & Learning Disabilities
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological, Psychological, Physical, and/or Mental Disorders
- Neuromuscular & Paralysis
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Sensory Integration
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Vestibular Disorders
How does Therapeutic Riding benefit a person?
Our Therapeutic Riding Programme is used to develop, increase and improve:
Physical Benefits: Muscle tone, balance, coordination, muscle strength, flexibility, fitness, posture, gait (ability to walk), respiration, circulation, metabolism, sensory perception and integration, independence: self-care and mobility.
Psychological Benefits: Concentration, problem solving and decision making, insight, motivation, self-esteem, confidence, learning/practising concepts e.g. letters, numbers, colours, distances, shapes etc.
Social Benefits: Communication and social skills, recognising positive behaviour and manners, interaction with peers: individuals and groups, human/animal contact and bonding, building relationships, consideration for others and taking on responsibility.
Festina Lente Foundation is a registered charity which is committed to improving the lives of adults and children with special needs. Festina Lente Riding School has been providing therapeutic riding lessons for over 5 years and we also run Ireland’s only certified Therapeutic Riding Coaching course.
This will be a very informative and interesting morning, and we would be delighted if you could attend. Please R.S.V.P. to or 087 737 3703 by the 20th October or alternatively contact Rachel Ardagh on 087 949 1922.
For directions to Festina Lente please go to https://goo.gl/maps/ulnSv
For more information on Festina Lente please go to our website www.festinalente.ie
If you are unable to make the day and are interested in learning more about Therapeutic Riding please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and you are welcome to pass on this invite to any of your colleagues who may also be interested in attending this informational morning.
CEO of Festina Lente